- Next Step Healthcare
- $63,160.00 -91,710.00/year*
Healthcare - Allied Health
3 Wren Terrace
Wareham Healthcare is seeking a Part Time Registered Dietician.
At Next Step Healthcare, we are driven to provide each of our patients with an experience that exceeds their expectations. Whether you are a short-term patient with rehabilitation needs after a hospital stay or a long-term patient with chronic and complex care needs, our skilled nursing facilities are designed to offer personalized healthcare.
The Registered Dietitian (RD) completes all required nutritional assessments and documentation according to state and federal regulations. The RD works within the facility in order to provide nutritional expertise and dietary oversight from a clinical standpoint to the facility kitchen operations.
- Complete required nutritional assessments and documentation according to state and federal regulations.
- Plan and write menu cycles, ensure nutritional adequacy in menus for the specific population according to regulations, have oversight of the serving of food and the quality of food served.
- Keep inventories of nutritional supplements and products that are ordered through Nursing and Nutrition Services for special diets, including but not limited to tube feeding formulas, various nutritional supplements, thickener packets and liquid thickeners.
- Work with Nursing to provide nutritional supplements for wound care for all residents and implement, change, or discontinue appropriate nutritional interventions as part of wound healing process.
- Provide diet and nutrition education to residents, family members and staff as needed during care plan meeting and on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor nutritional status of residents in long term care and Rehab center.
- Complete nutritional assessments and complete / review RAI, and care plan processes.
- Assist facilitiesin identifying clinical nutrition problems and work toward solutions.
- Participate in efforts to improve and maintain acceptable clinical indicators.
- Bachelor's degree in Nutrition or Dietetics, plus completion of the required program and internship, and passing score on Registered Dietitian Examination by the Commission on Dietetic Registration required.
- Current licensure as a Registered Dietitian in the State of Massachusetts.
- Experience in healthcare food service working in a Dietitian position or a similar environment required. Most have Long Term Care experience.
- ServSafe or other similar national food safety certification preferred.
- Must maintain all appropriate registrations, licensure, continuing education credits, or other such requirements in good standing as needed to maintain employment.
- Sufficient knowledge of food production and distribution, to evaluate meal quality, dinning programs and texture modified diet preparation.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize when needed, comfortable working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Must have Long Term Care experience (required)
Next Step Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace for all employees.
Associated topics: dairy, diet, dietary, dietician, dietitian, icf mr, nutrition, nutritional, nutritionist, wic
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...