Senior Infrastructure Engineer (System/Network Administrator)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To ensure that the computing infrastructure that supports Affinity's use of technology is supported by a networking environment that meets all applicable requirements and service standards .Under general direction, supports, administration, designs, develops and documents software applications/programs that provide effective business systems solutions and solve core system and operational problems. Prepares detailed technical specifications from which software applications/programs can be successfully maintained.
Knowledge of Business
Applies understanding of health plan operations and their relationship to application requirements.
- Performs duties with little or no supervision and guidance from management using detailed report request requirements; ability to help others in validating data. Competent to work on moderately complex assignments. Contributes to complex problem solving with close guidance. Must be self-motivated
- Provides first line production support and system maintenance to support user needs.
- Produces support documentation including screen layouts, report layouts, data element descriptions, and required algorithm definitions
- Applies understanding of all aspects of application requirements and their relationship to business requirements
- Utilizes appropriate methodologies to generate results that meet business requirements by developing technical design documents, preparing unit test plans and test data, executing testing of applications prior to quality assurance testing, and preparing comprehensive documentation.
- Knowledge of department / business reporting structure and working knowledge of department / business functions and workflow.
- Participate in the annual disaster recovery exercise and maintain necessary documentation.
Technology - Tools
1. Deep knowledge of operating systems, Active Directory, Vmware virtual server technology and EMC storage area networks as well as Disaster Recovery technologies. Can provide support of Cisco local area networks. Demonstrates proficiency with the principles and methodologies of process improvement. Applies these in the execution of responsibilities in support of a process focused approach. Provide administration support of file servers, email servers, database servers and application servers. Maintain the data de-duplication system. Manage and maintain SAN switches and storage arrays to provide Storage Area Network (SAN) administration. Manage and maintain network communications infrastructure including Ethernet switches, routers, firewalls, virtual private network (VPN) systems, data communication carrier services, DHCP and DNS servers, and directory services systems. basic networking and cabling infrastructure, working knowledge of Windows 7 or higher, general office software (MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, browser),
Compliant with all Core Process, Core Documentation, Service Delivery and Demand Management metrics and standards.
- Provides general programming/software support for core operations.
- Provides technical assistance in the pursuit of identifying production problems
- Ensures that communication is responsive and that a mutual understanding is obtained, either orally or in writing.
- Completes the development of technical designs, processes, and other required documents
- Provides or coordinates feedback to users on all referred problems
Ability to individually scope & implement minor enhancements.
- With guidance from senior staff/management specifies requirements and translates them to well-designed software structures
- Demonstrates proficiency with the principles and methodologies of process improvement. Applies these in the execution of responsibilities in support of a process focused approach.
- Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with peers and users, including effective collaborative problem solving, responsive communications and cordial interpersonal relationships.
- Performs other duties as necessary or assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field or equivalent knowledge.
- Must attain baseline credentials/certificates in first year of employment.
- Ability to learn and implement new and/or different techniques
- Self-starter with ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong ability to analyze problems and identify and implement solutions.
- Strong ability to organize tasks and maintain project schedules
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by an ability to communicate with all levels of staff in a courteous, constructive, patient and informative manner.
- Strong oral and writing skills characterized by the ability to communicate technical and non-technical information thoroughly and clearly to a range of reading and comprehension skill levels.
Associated topics: cloud architect, equipment, http, information architect, infrastructure architect, ip, maintain, senior engineer, senior system engineer, system architect
Loading some great jobs for you...